* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Chargeback management white paper

Hello everyone,

As I noticed, there are many questions unanswered when it comes to chargebacks when selling digital goods online. For that I have some research and wrote a white paper on the topic, which I am eager to share with Business of software community. I hope it proves helpful to you.

You can access it here http://bit.ly/1igK0Cp

Best of success,

Valeriu
Valeriu Braghis Send private email
Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why do I have to give my email address to get your white paper?

And I notice you get paid every time someone clicks your Bit.ly link.

Spam much?
PSB136 Send private email

Valeriu

It would be good form to declare any relevant interests and affiliations when posting this sort of link.
Andy Brice Send private email

I don't get paid for clicks:)

My affiliation is with PayPro Global, we are an e-commerce platform for digital goods. Our website is www.payproglobal.com.

The general practice of white paper distribution is through a web form. If you don't want to build a relationship with our company, you have the choice not to download the white paper. In any case, no spam, it's against our policies.

best regards,

Valeriu

Generally, you have to give an email address, but it doesn't have to be your actual email address. You can just use a fake one, like spam@example.com and most forms accept it.

The original post did look like spam to me and hiding behind a bit.ly address makes it another red flag, so I didn't click it.
Scorpio Send private email

The reason I used bit.ly was to avoid putting a long link in the message.

You can access it here, https://www.payproglobal.com/white_papers/Chargeback_Management_landing_page.aspx

> I don't get paid for clicks

Actually, I confused your URL shortener with Adf.ly, which *does* pay for clicked links.  The 5-letter names for both companies, with both ending in "ly", confused me.

Therefore, I sincerely and unreservedly apologize for calling you a spammer.
PSB136 Send private email
Thursday, March 20, 2014

>>>>Actually, I confused your URL shortener with Adf.ly, which *does* pay for clicked links.  The 5-letter names for both companies, with both ending in "ly", confused me.

Therefore, I sincerely and unreservedly apologize for calling you a spammer.

It's a fair mistake, thank you.
I also apologize for not elaborating a better messaging for this community. My true intention was to share an insight on the common issue as I read several threads on the topic here before.
Thursday, March 20, 2014

This is "business" of software, right?

Christ almighty you dweebs, this is called building an email list. It's not like anyone's holding a gun to your heads to download the paper.
Profit and Loss Send private email
Thursday, March 20, 2014

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics