* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Does Avangate send you botched totals of your monthly sales?

They totally do for me and they have done so for the last 3 months. And that's not all.

Every 16th, 17th or 18th they send me a "Chargeback Payment Summary" with a random "Chargeback" amount that they deduct and a random "Release Chargeback" amount that they add. I have no idea were these sums come from. Once I received an excel for one of the sums a week after.

I've also started seeing negative invoices from them in my account ( bonus: some are for the full order amount some are for the net amounts).

They're randomly replying emails after 1 -2 weeks (pay@avangate).

In one of the last payments they've refunded me the VAT (instead of the actual product price) for an order involved in an OPEN chargeback.  They're not supposed to send me the VAT or sums involved in OPEN chargebacks.

But worst of all in one of the emails they recognized they do some of these calculations MANUALLY.  MANUALLY? Really?  No wonder they've screwed everything up.

How has your experience been in the last 3 months?
Octavian Naicu Send private email
Thursday, November 21, 2013

why are you still using them if they're this crap?
IdeaSkeer Send private email
Friday, November 22, 2013

alexandar Send private email
Friday, November 29, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics