* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Banned on StackOverflow

Hi everyone,

Recently I've noticed that some of my posts on stackoverflow.com were deleted. They are related to our products and usually I try to be useful to the audience that is reading the question asked. The sad thing is that a large portion of our traffic was coming from there.

I will provide below a few links so you can observe if you find them reasonable to be deleted. Unfortunately you will have to have reputation at least 10,000 in order to view them as they are deleted.

Thank you in advance.
Peter Kalev Send private email
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Yes, they were deleted, and all of them by this guy: http://stackoverflow.com/users/1583/oded
IdeaSkeer Send private email
Sunday, November 17, 2013
I have exchanges a few emails with Oded and the issue has been clarified.

The StackOverflow policy has changed recently and there were many topics and posts deleted according to the new terms.
Monday, November 18, 2013
Can you share which policy you fell foul of?
Ryan Wheeler Send private email
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately after my email conversation with Oded (a SO employee and moderator) all of the mentioned topics were deleted as not relevant to the new terms and others who will read this thread won't be able to view them.

In short and as long as I understood the new vision of StackOverflow is to be a web site where developers help each other on exceptions that we all see and fight everyday. After a short thought about that I concluded that indeed this is a great turn and I can honestly tell that I am happy (no kidding:)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics