* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Recommendation for proof reading service for software manuals?

Any suggestion for a native US proof reading service with experience in proof reading software documentation and website copy?

Your help would be very much appreciated.
Michael Schmidt Send private email
Monday, November 04, 2013

proofreading
Scott Send private email

<strike>Any suggestion for a native US proof reading service with experience in proof reading software documentation and website copy?

Your help would be very much appreciated.
</strike>

"I am seeking recommendations for a US based proofreading service with experience in proofreading both software documentation and website copy. All suggestions are appreciated. Thank you."
Scott Send private email

Haha. OK, Scott, shall we count that as an application?

;)

How about a Canadian?  One of my projects was technical reviewer for a recent book on SQL Server.  Of necessity, I ended up doing a certain amount of proofreading.  My E-mail is <genew@telus.net>.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko
Gene Wirchenko Send private email

Sure, Canadian  is fine as well. I should have written "English as the mother tongue".

I sent you a mail. Thanks.
Tuesday, November 05, 2013

>Canadian  is fine as well.

Just watch out for him adding an 'Ay' into every other sentence. ;0)
Andy Brice Send private email
Tuesday, November 05, 2013

By coincidence, I worked with a Canadian freelancer that delivered very good results on multiple occasions. He has since started his own company though, but I think asking won't hurt. Drop me an email if interested.
Dmitry Leskov Send private email
Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"adding an 'Ay' into every other sentence"
Here in the colonies, we spell it "eh."  Eh should always end the sentence, and one's voice is lifted when saying it, regardless if the sentence is a question or a statement.  Since Canadians are less loquacious than Americans, we use "eh" instead of "you know."  While "eh" is intended to solicit acknowledgement from the listener, it is not actually necessary to say anything in response to "eh."  Raising an eyebrow (or bottle of beer) or tugging on your toque is sufficient to let the speaker know that you heard and understood his pearl of wisdom.  When it is -40 outside, the longer you can keep your mouth closed, the better.
Howard Ness Send private email
Thursday, November 07, 2013

@Howard Ness
Thank you for educating me. ;0)
Andy Brice Send private email
Thursday, November 07, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics