* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Problems with Regnow. What should I do to get my money?

I used to receive money as checks. The problem is that one of checks, sent in the beginning of May didn't come. Some checks, sent later, already come, but this one - not.

I'm writing emails to Regnow support for more than a month, but didn't get any help. They rarely responded two times and promiced to look into the issue and write to me, but didn't do that.

The sum of check is $4000, which is quite good for me and I do not want to loose that money.

What should I do to get my money from Regnow?
AlexTT Send private email
Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It is likely that they sent it, but it got lost in the post.

You need to get them to escalate the matter, so they take it more seriously. Perhaps try writing a letter, setting out what happened, what steps you took, what response you got and asking them to explain to you what they are going to do to remedy the situation.

If you still don't hear from them, maybe seek professional help from a lawyer.

As an aside, this seems to indicate that their money accounting procedure is not up to scratch, as if the cheque wasn't cashed, they should see that they still owe you money, so send it in the subsequent month, to balance things out properly. Unless, of course, the cheque was cashed, in which case you need to find out where it went and maybe get the police involved.
Scorpio Send private email

How in the world you made 4000$ in a month with duplicatevideosearch?
I mean who is looking for duplicat videos and looking that much that they need to buy application for it?

Al right, I had to say that...

Did you go to the place where your checks arrive? I mean someone brings them to your door whether post office or whatever? Maybe it is stiill on their shelves collecting dust...

Besides why checks? Aren't there more convinient options in 21th century? This may be a good oportunity for you to reconsider this.

I hope you get the check soon
alexandar Send private email

I did this for more than a month. Regnow allows to specify some minimum amount, below that check is not issued.

Check is likely to get lost at post. I understand this.

I do not blame Regnow for this. I just want to get response and information. If money is still available, I want them to be resent.

Scorpio,

The thing is, they do not reply to my messages now. I wrote about 10 emails during 1-2 months and got 2 "we will take a look like" responses. So, it is likely that they will ignore my new email too.

Or do you mean, writing paper letter?

Help from the lawer seem to be useful, but can that take, let's say less than check amount?

I meant paper letter, delivered to their offices via a tracked and signed for delivery service.

Maybe they outsource the customer "service", in which case the agents won't know how to deal with it, so they'll just hope it goes away.
Scorpio Send private email

Making a telephone call to Regnow might help.
exim Send private email

It sounds like your only options are of the legal type. Collect all your data and documentation proving that they haven't paid what they owe you (including agreements saying they pay you in N weeks), then head off to small claims court to get your money.

Also, in the meantime, move to a payment processor that actually has good support. I'd typically recommend FastSpring because they actually know what they're doing.
Wyatt O'Day Send private email

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics