* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Bootstrapping a business within challenging time constraints

I've been feeling very suffocated for the last several months, time-wise. Ever since I started my SaaS business in January 2011 ( http://www.sniphq.com/ ) I've been able to make slow but steady progress, week after week, with very few gaps of "laziness".

For the last 4 months or so I feel like I haven't been making meaningful progress. I have accomplished some good things: I significantly improved my website, I learned a lot about SEO and implemented some of what I learned (with some effect) and I organized my finances a little better. But I still only have two paying customers, and I'm still losing about $40-50 per month on the deal. I desperately want more customers, and I haven't been able to get them.

To be clear, I've consciously stopped working on the product itself. I've been working almost exclusively on marketing for most of 2013.

I'm frustrated that I have to go to work and rent my day away when there is so much work to be done, and it's almost physically painful every day that I'm working ("for the man") instead of making progress with Snip. Outside of work, I have two small kids and a (fairly needy) wife, along with all the regular household responsibilities. I even willfully neglect some of my household responsibilities to work on my business, but I still seem to be getting nowhere.

I don't watch TV, I don't go to the bar, I gave away my guitars, and I even streamlined my cooking to be more time-efficient. Despite all this self-deprivation, everything is taking forever!

Basically, I'm just really frustrated and feel like there must be something really stupid I'm missing or something like that. I read about people who release their product and "only" get 83 users on the first day. It seems like by now, after 2.5 years, I should have more than TWO users.

Any tips/advice? Even if all you have is an encouraging word, I'll take it. I could use some encouragement.

To be clear, I have no intentions of giving up or putting Snip "on hold" (AKA giving up) or anything like that. I plan to get it profitable or die of old age still trying.
Jason Swett Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
I would pay a graphic designer to update the design of your website, I can imagine your customers are very image conscious.

I paid a web design company £600 to do the graphic design on my website, probably the best money I ever spent.

Use feedback from your 2 customers to improve the product.
Kevin Taylor Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
Sometimes there just isn't a market for a product. If you are trying everything and it isn't moving the needle - maybe its time to try a different market and/or a different product?
Andy Brice Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
I think the website design is fine (he isn't selling to web designers).

Why did you choose this product and market? Did you do much market research?

You are concentrating on a niche (hair salons). That is generally  good idea. But it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe you should try a different niche.

Lots of people need appointment scheduling. I recommend you pick up your phone and find lots of different local businesses that could use your software (dentists, massage therapists, podiatrists, dog groomers, hypnotherapists etc). Cold call them. Tell them you are local. Try to get an appointment to meet them or maybe talk them through your software on the phone. Call as many as you can stand. Try to find out:
-do they have a problem or are they happy with their dogeared appointment book?
-are they already using software, if not, why not?
-do they have a computer?
-what is solving this problem worth to them?

If nothing else, it will help you hone your sales pitch.

If none of them will meet you or give you 5 minutes - that tells you all you need to know.

BTW I've did some cold calling myself in the early days of my product. It wasn't a barrel of laughs, but people were generally polite and helpful and I got some very useful feedback.
Friday, July 26, 2013
For the last 4 months or so I feel like I haven't been making meaningful progress. I have accomplished some good things: I significantly improved my website, I learned a lot about SEO and implemented some of what I learned (with some effect) and I organized my finances a little better. But I still only have two paying customers, and I'm still losing about $40-50 per month on the deal. I desperately want more customers, and I haven't been able to get them.

You write this:

> "I've been working almost exclusively on marketing for most of 

But prior to that you wrote: 

> "For the last 4 months or so I feel like I haven't been making meaningful progress. I have accomplished some good things: I significantly improved my website, I learned a lot about SEO and implemented some of what I learned (with some effect) and I organized my finances a little better. But I still only have two paying customers,

I can't square these two.  In a third of year your idea of "working almost exclusively on marketing" consists of improving your web site, *learning* about SEO and implementing *some* of that, and then doing something with your finances (which has nothing to do with marketing). 

Aside from SEO, how have you actually *reached out to customers*?  Have you looked into ads?  Have you called salons?  Have you attended trade shows?  All this was mentioned to you a long while back.

I also think there is a problem in your entire set up... I would guess that most salon owners would see your site and get a quick reaction of "UGH--too complex."  They would leave with the feeling that nothing is simpler/easier than the good ol' fashioned appointment book that can never crash, is free, is right there at the salon, has worked fine for 50 years, etc. 

Have you interviewed any salon owners to see how they perceive your service?  Price?  Site?  Etc.  That's market research.

Also, the first words I saw when I looked at your example screen shot were "Bill Clinton" and then "George W. Bush".  That really put me in the mood to buy!  (No, I'm kidding).  Some people have strong feelings about those fellows.  Better you make up names.
Racky Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
I was just reading a newsletter from our own Patrick McKenzie's newsletter and he mentioned his Appointment Reminder service:

It seems very complimentary to your offering.  Maybe reach out to Patrick and see if he has ideas (he has a ton!).  Your niche is probably a subset of his, but read everything you can about what he has done.
Doug Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
btw, I don't intend my response to be discouraging!  I think you have changes you should make, but I also would think you should be able to do better than 2 users.  I think some of your "messaging" is so bad currently (sorry, just being frank) that the fact that you have 2 now  suggests that it wouldn't be surprising at all if you were able to get, say, 10 users without massive work involved.  And even at 10 users, that's $450/mo extra for you (if you are currently 50 in the red with the two you have).  And then I can imagine it getting up to potentially 100 or something. 

So, again, I didn't mean to be Negative Ned here.  :D
Racky Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
It seems obvious there is a market for this.

$600 a year might be too high.
Scott Send private email
Friday, July 26, 2013
I agree with Andy that while it's generally a good idea to narrow your focus, limiting your customers to Salons is certainly a point I would reconsider. You have 2 salons using the website. How about if you got 2 dog groomers, 2 massage therapists, and then found the real market with 50 dentists (for example).

Can you expand your scope of customers without expanding the scope of  features? If yes, do it - you could double your revenue in an instant :-)
B2B Micro ISV Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Some questions you may ask yourself

Are salon owners actually searching for such software online? Sometimes there are innovative products that you need to push because no body feels the need for such software.

You would need to check the traffic patterns to your website. May be they are just not finding you on Internet with the keywords they are using. Check if visitors are bouncing immediately, or they are going back after little browsing or are they quitting after free trial. All these will give you hints where exactly you may be going wrong.

What are they currently using? Are they using a simple Outlook calendar to schedule or what tools are they using?

Oh my god, you are hardly listing your features. The Features page has only 3 links. There is hardly any useful content.

I think there are some basic mistakes you are doing which are easy to correct.  Start with them. Then try to solve bigger issues. May be invest in a consultant.

Gautam Jain Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
> Are salon owners actually searching for such software online?

I spoke to my barber about it and he said they just do bookings over the phone when a customer calls, or take walk-ins from the street.  He's not out and about on the phone all day -- he's in the shop cutting hair.  :)  Thus, it seems to be an unneeded product, IMO.
PSB136 Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Do hairdressers in your market have money to spend on such software?

Are they computerized yet?

I know that here in Germany hairdressers are pretty cheap in that regard. They might spend a shitload of money on a pair of scissors but anything 'office' related doesn't get much attention.

Also most run their reservations through an oldschool telephone + dead-tree-book 'system'. Your biggest enemy here: "It's good enough".

Now if you did your homework and are positive that hairdressers in your region would buy such a product you need a fitting advertising channel: Dead tree flyers/info letters. This way you reach even those who don't google for hairdressing software.
Jeremy Morassi Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
my dentist works in 2 different med centers and to keep appointments in sync he uses google calendar... but he doesn't send remainders

there is a show on tv about a lady that goes to visit hairdressing salons in disgrace and help save them. a couple of time she advertised a computer program for appointments and bookeping.
fp615 Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Jason, it sounds a bit like you've lost focus and become overwhelmed by it all. I'd recommend taking a break, say one week, where you spend time with your family and try no to think about your project. This will give you a chance to re-charge and re-connect with what is important.

It looks like what you have is an MVP, which is great, but you have to realise that it isn't finished and only a small fraction of customers will be prepared to use an unfinished product. I'd recommend following the Lean Startup methodology, but you need to go out and meet people face to face to sell them on the idea.

It is obvious that pretty much every business in the "service economy" could use a better solution than telephone and paper, so there should be a market for this.

When you talk to people, show that you feel their pain and you can immediately remove it, but also paint a picture of a future where clients can book their own appointments online, so they don't need to hire anyone to answer the phone, or more common keep interrupting customer appointments to answer the phone (something I find irritating at hairdresser's). You can also talk about how it could help with budgeting, keeping track of revenues, stock, staff, etc. Just prompt them and let them talk, so you get to see what they would like, i.e. what you need to sell, so that they buy.

As I mentioned before, I wish you well in this, but please just take a few days away from it to relax. Good luck.
Scorpio Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
The screenshots on your website look very nice. It might be better to just go with random fake names rather than ex-presidents.

Here are a few things that come to mind, looking at your website.

You might want to re-think your selling points. The first benefit you identify is that users can view appointments from anywhere. Is this really a big advantage for Hair salons? If they only take appointments in the salon, and only really care about appointments in terms of the next person turning up, why would they need to see appointments from home or anywhere else?

The second benefit you identify is the time saving not having to call to confirm appointments. Do hair salons actually do this? Maybe you could re-phrase this around reducing the number of no shows.

I'm not sure how useful the customer cards are in a Salon. Is stylist really going to take the time to update a customer card after an appointment?

Some strategies you might consider:
- You could look at expanding the functionality of the app. POS features, rostering, book-keeping might add to the value proposition.
- Consider other businesses that might benefit from the same functionality, especially mobile operators where the ability to access information on the road might be beneficial.

Hope you keep with, and don't beat yourself up over a lack of progress. At least you are having a go!
Yowie Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
There's a lot of good feedback here, thanks. I'll try to address some of it.

First, I've talked with over 100 hair stylists and salon owners so far and I do know there is a market for the product. There are also many dozens of competing products, so that's more evidence that there's a solid market. (Most of the competition is comically bad.)

I consciously chose to specialize in hair salon software as opposed to general appointment-scheduling software. Believe it or not, salon scheduling is extremely complicated business and it takes a lot of special work to make a product fit well with a hair salon's needs.

My most effective way of selling Snip has been face-to-face sales. Out of the 100 stylists/salon owners I talked with at 80 or so salons, I got 3 paying customers (and lost one, leaving 2), which I understand is actually not a bad conversion rate. If I were able to talk to 1,000 stylists/salon owners in a year, that might presumably get me 30 customers in a year, or 30*50 = $1,500/mo in mostly profit.

(I'm kind of thinking out loud here.)

The good thing about face-to-face sales is that it's effective. The challenge is that it's time-consuming. I used to spend one day a week selling when I was freelance, but I can't really do that anymore now that I have a job. If I were somehow able to spend 100% of my work time selling, I think that would pretty much take away all my sales/marketing problems.

I do know that salon owners are searching for salon software online. I had an AdWords campaign for a while, and that helped me get a feel for what search terms people were using and stuff like that. I pulled the plug on my AdWords campaign because I only had a $100 coupon, but it did get me some free trial sign-ups, so I might try it again. My friend who's an AdWords guru actually came over last night and he helped me put together a sensible campaign and measure it properly and stuff like that.

That was a bunch of rambling but maybe helps paint the picture a little bit better.

I think Scorpio's advice is probably a good idea: take a little break and come back to it refreshed.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
If you're getting a good amount of free trial signups through Adwords that's an awesome start. You can call those people and hopefully convert them into sales. Remember at that point they're hot leads & so are far more likely to convert than random salons you walk into off the street.

This mixergy course is very good (although not free): http://mixergy.com/course-cheat-sheet-telesales/
Jonathan Matthews Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
"but it did get me some free trial sign-ups"

So, when they didn't renew and you emailed them for feedback, did they mention the price was too high, or the functionality was too low or too hard to use?
Scott Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Would you consider selling your mISV?
What language have you created your saas in?
is it plain PHP?
NewGuyOnTheBlock Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Scott: one woman said she didn't find the product user-friendly, and that she couldn't find pricing information anywhere. She was right about the pricing, so I fixed that. (Could still stand to have better pricing info on the website.) I do also need to improve the "first five minutes" experience for online signer-uppers.

NewGuyOnTheBlock: probably not, but the fact that you're even asking that is wonderful encouragement! The product is built in Rails.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
By the way, I just had another prospect sign up online. This is the first legit sign-up in about a month, so I'm pumped. Also, I was able to triangulate based on the person's name and email address and find her salon's website (which is not always possible). This salon happens to be just 2 hours from me, so I could easily visit and give on-site training.

Needless to say, I intend to pounce on this one. If anyone would like to help me by holding me accountable, please feel free to email me at jason@sniphq.com. I plan to call tomorrow and keep calling until I get a phone demo with the person. If that goes remotely well, I think I'll probably try to do in-person training at the salon.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Why dont you take a laptop, and drive to all the salons in your area, and do a 3-5min demo with each owner.

Instead of waiting for them to find your site and signup first, before you drive out to do a demo.

Maybe even get an iPad, and to a demo on the ipad, or even iphone, so they can see how it can be a great benefit to do appointments on the fly on an iphone or an ipad, no real computer needed.  (well unless you need a real computer) :)
NewGuyOnTheBlock Send private email
Saturday, July 27, 2013
That's a great idea, and I actually did exactly that for several months when I was freelance. Now that I have a job, it's unfortunately not possible, but I'm working on getting the job out of the equation so I can do it again.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
I like the web site and I think you have a good product idea.

There are a few aspects of the web site that I think could use improvement:
* In the navigation bar, "Free Trial" always appears in blue, which incorrectly implies to me that I am on the free trial page.
* I agree that scheduling appointments online is easier than using pen and paper, but I don't think the "see why" link answers the question of why that is true.
* I am skeptical that "Schedule appointments from anywhere" is a compelling selling point. I would guess that most hair stylists schedule all their appointments from the hair salon.

I would think many salons would want customers to be able to schedule appointments themselves through the salons' web sites. Offering a way to do that may help significantly.

Also, I think the product begs for an iPad(?)-native interface to the service. When on the phone with a customer, logging into a web site with a username and password would slow down the user. A tablet (perhaps with an external keyboard) seems like a perfect device for managing this kind of information. Finally, a native app could cache the appointment data and be more resilient to internet connection problems.

John Brayton Send private email
Sunday, July 28, 2013
So... what is your MVP?

Is it automatic reminders?

Or is it web-based scheduling?

I was under impression it is the appointment reminders, because they presumably take much more time for the salon owners than just scribble down a note in a paper calendar.

You site though _hides_ the reminder function at the very bottom right, as if you're shy about it. Shouldn't it be opposite? Shouldn't your main header scream "We'll do calling clients work for you; we'll prevent no-show issue so you could fill in the spot!"?

Because really, just placing the time of appointment on the web is nothing; I can do it for free with Google Calendar.

Closing just one no-show spot may well pay for the monthly cost of the application.

I pay a couple dozen dollars per hour for music lessons for my son; and just yesterday I got so busy I forgot we have a lesson. She only called me when we did not show up. Had she or automatic reminder called me earlier in the morning, she'd get paid for one extra hour. This is the scenario you have to sell, this is real money and a real frustration for the music teachers (salon owners, massage doctors, etc etc).

You may have qualifying prospects visiting your site, but they cannot find your MVP and leave. Put your best foot forward, for patio11 sake!

(BTW... Appointment Reminder could be a plug-in for Google Calendar instead. In the spirit of Lean, I guess.)
Vladimir Dyuzhev Send private email
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Vladamir, I love your new site but you've got a typo in the main page. It should say "You can rely on me" but it says "You can relay on me"
Bring back anon Send private email
Sunday, July 28, 2013
> You can rely on me

Thanks! Note to self: I should use a native speaker proof-reading services.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Hi Jason,
When I went to Amy Hoy's 30x500 course last winter, I had plans to build a SaaS appointment app for salons just like you have there. I was following Lean Startup principles at the moment and had done some of the field work already.

And the first thing Amy did in the course was to kill my baby idea. Salon appointment app is not suitable for a beginner bootstrapper for several reasons.

1. It's a high-touch business. Your audience is not roaming internet looking for this app or talking about their problems regarding appointments, they are discussing hair stuff and not interested in buying. The traffic looking for this product online is just a trickle. That means the only way to sell effectively is to do live marketing - face-to-face, radio etc. And... that means you need a marketing budget. A BIG marketing budget.

2. It's not killing your customer's pain, but your customer's customer's pain. When I was having interviews for my product, the usual response was: "I'm not sure what sw we are using, it's what we have been always using. It sucks. But I already know how to use it. I'm not really interested in it beyond that".

Now... Patrick McKenzie is selling similar software, but there's a catch. He has solved problem no 2. While appointment-making is not painful to salon owner, losing money because of non-cancelled appointments is painful to her. If you look at his sales page, that's what he bases the app's marketing on - "you get paid".

Plus, Patrick is a SEO master, he can take that trickle of traffic and turn it into money. He can also pull of B2C stuff and all kinds of things a beginner bootstrapper is going to fail miserably.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear, I'm sorry for that. Going through all that trouble and work and not see it sell sucks (been there). But I thought you ought to hear this.

I'm not saying that what you want to do can't be done, lot's of companies are doing it already. I'm just saying that it's hard for a bootstrapper. To pull it through you need to either get funding to afford a live marketing campaign (& better sales page) or solve the problem no 2 & become a SEO master.

Sometimes it's worth to just struggle and push through obstacles. Sometimes it's easier to pick your battles and use your skills to build another product that's easier to sell online. You did it once, you can do it again! Just don't give up and lose your hope.

In any case, bootstrapper or not, I think you should set yourself some kind of a time limit here. Give it a fair try, but if it's not sailing, just try something else. Life is too short to spend years and years waiting for a one project to succeed.

I took Amy's advice, trashed my idea and built www.saascompass.com instead. It's been online just over a week and has already earned me nicely. You can only fail if you give up altogether. Otherwise you can always learn and eventually you will succeed.
Jaana Send private email
Sunday, July 28, 2013
>Out of the 100 stylists/salon owners I talked with at 80 or so salons, I got 3 paying customers (and lost one, leaving 2), which I understand is actually not a bad conversion rate

3% is a good conversion rate for web visit->sale. Perhaps not so impressive for face-to-face visit->sale. What reason did the other 97% give for not buying?

Having lots of face-to-face meeting or phone calls is great for research. But it doesn't scale long term. Assuming you can't raise prices a lot, you need to find a way to make this work purely via your website.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
> Assuming you can't raise prices a lot

May be crazy but a fair basis for pricing: charge for each rescheduled and then refilled appointment.

- Your software calls a customer's client
- Client pressed '2' indicating "not coming"
- Customer gets a notice and promptly fills the spot with some other client
- Which your software sees because it is all scheduled via it
- You charge 10% of the going rate for the hair salon hour

Of course, there is a way to game it -- the customer may not fill the sit via the application, but made a note in the paper calendar. Ok, fine, let's charge 5% for each rescheduled one, was it filled or not.

You may also put a cap onto the maximum monthly charge for the customer's peace of mind. When customer begins to get beyond the cap regularly, it is time to move her to a higher plan (more calls, higher charges).
Sunday, July 28, 2013
> Patrick is a SEO master, he can take that trickle of traffic and turn it into money. He can also pull of B2C stuff and all kinds of things a beginner bootstrapper is going to fail miserably.

Patrick is good, but that doesn't mean a beginner cannot repeat his success, especially when he's open at what he does.

Re: Appointment Reminder. It seems he increased his income from that service by moving into appointments for hospitals, where a cost of no-show is much higher than the one of hair salon.

Which makes me think our OP should find the most freaking expensive hair salons out there and sell to them. They have money and they have an incentive to try and cut losses due to no-show.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
The first thing I noticed is that I couldn't find the price anywhere. No price no sale.

The next thing is there's not much in terms of benefits. How is this beneficial for me? It's easier than pen and paper, but so what? Why should I bother with your service? Is it going to save me money? Will my customers actually use it versus calling me and then I still have to work through the website?

That being said, not all business models are going to be as fruitful as others. And please note that it can take some time. If you look at the revenues from my company, the first few years weren't exactly stellar: http://www.followsteph.com/2013/08/07/landlordmax-2012-2013-fiscal-year-10-year-anniversary-and-a-10th-record-year/ It took some time to really get going. Sure we read a lot online about companies making it big in 1-2 years, but these are the outliers. It takes time.

By the way, have you considered expanding beyond hair salons because appointment management is really the same across several different industries? You may want to check out http://www.appointment.com They do almost the same thing but for a wider demographic. I only know about it because my massage therapist uses this service.
Stephane Grenier Send private email
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Stephane, it's $49 a month. The only place on the site where price appears is on the "get free trial" page.

Jason, fix these problems:

1. (critical) the three "view details" buttons at the bottom are incorrectly linked to a page with no details at all. They should instead be linked to the three pages available from the Features drop down menu.

2. Get rid of George Bush as a client listed on the main screenshot.

3. On the features page, screen shots should not show a giant window that is more than 50% blank space and the stuff that is shown is scrolled so that it is only partially visible. Redesign both that screen shot and the page itself.
Scott Send private email
Thursday, August 08, 2013
For many of your potential clients seeing either Bush's name listed in such a strange place will provoke the same reaction as seeing Stalin or Hitler referenced out of the blue.

I'd reconsider the presidents in general, it's way too political. I could go on about several of the ones listed.  Something like fairy tale characters would be a safer approach. I'd say Star Wars characters but there could be trademark issues with that.
Scott Send private email
Scott, I wrote the same point about the presidents' names.  In fact, you've been gone from US of A a while I guess, but beyond George Bush, I gather there are a lot of Americans who hate Bill Clinton.  (Not to mention all those raving anti-Millard Fillmore nuts! )

I am of the school of thought that says you should make up believable sounding normal names, like "Bob Henderson", "Lorraine Mackenzie" and so forth.  This adds a sense of verisimilitude that just isn't there if your clients are shown as Snow White and Cinderella.

If I were him I'd make them about 85% women's names, too, since that's where most of the money is in Salonworld.  (Another reason the U.S. presidents is a bad choice--not a single woman, and only one person of any ancestry other than England, Ireland, Holland, and Germany). 

Racky Send private email
(when I mentioned Clinton I forgot to include Obama as another ire magnet in America--it was too obvious to think of!)
Racky Send private email
There is definitely a market for this but as others have mentioned it does not necessarily have to be limited to hair salons.

What you have at the moment, and please don't think I'm being disparaging, is a "bare-bones" product compared to a lot of other salon software on the market and for this reason I think you're pricing yourself out of the market. Looking at your headline "It's easier than using pen and paper" isn't very compelling and in no way shows off your USP but also simply isn't a good enough reason to for someone to pay $49 a month for. I have a friend who owns 3 salons and she uses a Windows based system called Shortcuts and quite frankly it's brilliant - I don't know how much it's costing her and it's probably more than yours but it does 20 times more functionality.

I would strongly advise that if you don't want to keep on developing your current product that you 1) reduce the price - probably to half and 2) expand into other sectors. If you want to focus exclusively on hair salons and you don't want to reduce the price you're gonna have to develop a long way to compete with other salon products.
Gazinhio Send private email
Monday, August 19, 2013
Another point is to have Pricing page and have two big links to the Free Trial and the Pricing page right on your homepage so that there is a call to action immediately in front of them (Patrick Mackenzie talks about this in the work he did for Fog Creek in an article about marketing on Fog Creek's web-site) . Also, as I mentioned in the previous post, have a different headline - the one you have just doesn't sell it and doesn't make you wanna look to find out more info. My two cents anyway.
Monday, August 19, 2013
On the question of pricing maybe base it on the number of people (stylists) they're scheduling for rather than a flat fee?
Monday, August 19, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics