* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Long Form Landing Pages and Business Software

I'm contemplating building a long form landing page for one of my business software products.  The product is aimed at small business with and average sale of less than $100.  Before I spend the time building a long form page to A/B test against my current landing page I'd appreciate any feedback from someone who has tried it with a B2B product.

Cowardly Poster Send private email
Monday, May 06, 2013
If "less than $100" is a one time charge, and you expect to sell one copy per business, you are talking about an impulse purchase.  Put it on your personal credit card and get reimbursed the next day at work kind of purchase.  No purchase orders, the decision maker is the person using the software.  So treat it like B2C.

It's the classic long copy vs. short copy debate.  It's been tested, argued and analyzed to death.  Good long copy sells.  Bad copy (long or short) doesn't.
Howard Ness Send private email
Monday, May 06, 2013
What Howard said.

Reluctantlyregistered Send private email
Tuesday, May 07, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics