* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Test page builder, anyone?

I have an idea to test.

I'd like to put a one-page site with idea explanation and a email collection form, as often advised.

Are there any services that provide a ready-to-use templates for such a purpose? I'd like to point my domain to their page, they'd host the email collection script and whatnot.

I checked a few landing page services, but they assume that the page is, well, _landing_ page, i.e. brings in immediate money, so the price is higher than I like, traffic limitations are lower than I like (e.g. 500 visitors a month for $9/mo), and email form is nowhere to be seen.

(Not that $9 are any serious money, I'd just like to have say 10-20-50 idea pages to host at a time to see which one has a potential).

Does anyone know the most time-efficient way to test an idea?
Vladimir Dyuzhev Send private email
Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm rebooting my business, starting again from zero on a new project. I always edited my pages manually using Dreamweaver, this time I forced myself to learn and use WordPress. Then I used the new Google Tag Manager to manage Google Analytics integration.

It was a bit hard at the beginning, but now I recon that it's very easy to maintain and grow the site. Get a $9 hosting account that supports WordPress, install a theme for landing pages and install some form plugin.
Mauricio Macedo Send private email
Thursday, March 28, 2013

I keep seeing launchrock pages, so that might be something to look at, as I believe it is free to use right now: http://launchrock.co/
Scorpio Send private email
Thursday, March 28, 2013

Vladimir,

That seems like about 10 minutes work. Why don't you do it yourself? Or have I missed something?
Craig Welch Send private email
Saturday, April 06, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics