* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Like to get your feedback on our New App just went Open Beta

Hi Everyone:
I would love to get your feedback on a new app we just launched (beta).  Here's a quick overview:

We are on a mission: to simplify the way rich interactive content is created by anyone and I believe our new web app is a gateway to solving this problem.  It is free to all users and it is definitely worth a look.  The entire application is on native HTML5 and publishes HTML5 content supported across all devices.

You can visit the site at:  www.ewcPresenter.com
It's free for everyone to join and use the App.

Payman Taei Send private email
Saturday, March 16, 2013
I signed up and took it for a quick spin. I think it's a great idea. I was very impressed with your landing page showing the presentations running on lots of different devices.

However, I did encounter a problem when trying to preview a slide with an image (.png) panning in from the left of the frame.  While this plays fine in the editor, it doesn't appear in the preview at all.

I also wondered why I couldn't apply all sorts of fancy effects to the text. You can do some really nice text effects with HTML 5. Where are they? I'd be interested to know if you can reproduce the problem above, as I'd like to use this to make a product demo as it does look very promising.
Andrew Gibson Send private email
Saturday, March 16, 2013
I am definitely not one of your target market because I think the web is doing just fine without Powerpoint and I'm not keen on Flash.

Your website is pretty but it was slow to load and it took me a while to sift through all the "rich interactive content" copy before I worked out what it does. I looked at some of your customer's sites and they were slow too.

I thought your pencil character looked way too similar to Clippy.

Negatives aside; I guess there will be plenty of people who love this kind of thing. It's just that I'm not one of them.
koan Send private email
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Hi Andrew. Thanks for your feedback . Appreciated.
Can you tell me how big your PNG file was and what browser you were using?  (We know there is a rare occurrence of this issue and working to fully stabilize it for you any anyone else coming across them)

As for text effects, we have lots of cool features rolling out (filters and widgets as well);  Our immediate goal is to ensure full stability of system and will shortly after roll out new features which will roll out to users such as yourself to use.
Payman Taei Send private email
Sunday, March 17, 2013
I was using chrome. The png file was this one:
Please feel free to PM me, as I'd like to get this working!
Andrew Gibson Send private email
Sunday, March 17, 2013
I liked the website, although I didn't like the pencil dude. It is a nice idea, but again, I'm not really your target audience, as I don't see the point of presentations. Bookmarked it though, just in case.
Scorpio Send private email
Monday, March 18, 2013

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics