* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Feedback on Preview please

I'm not sure if you are able to ask for feedback but I'll try anyway and if needs be, please delete!

I am working for a new company called dot42 - they are currently previewing their product (called dot42 and it allows you to write Android apps from within Visual Studio).  It's to go into beta within 2 weeks and officially launched within the month.

I would be very interested in any feedback on the product/the website etc

We are attending our first show in May in Boston and are very excited about the current uptake.  However, there is always more room for more feedback!

Thanks in advance

Fiona
http://www.dot42.com
dot42 (Fiona) Send private email
Monday, February 11, 2013

Looks interesting although I know nothing about Android development. What runtime does it use then? Can you use any .net assemblies or is it just a case of leveraging C# and the dev studio IDE? Not a terrible idea, dev studio is a decent development environment and I don't hate c#.
I thought your attack on mono in your blog was a little bit snide - to my tastes it doesn't reflect well on your company. If you're better, you ought to be able to show that on your merits.
just my 2c.
matt
Matthew Fender Send private email

Hi Matthew

Thanks for getting back to me.

In reply to your questions on runtime. It uses the Dalvik runtime (integral part of the Android OS) only. dot42 compiles C# to dex which is Dalvik executable code.

Also appreciate your 2c :-)!

Thanks again
Fiona
dot42 (Fiona) Send private email

You have a typo in the very first sentence: "lamba expressions".

Chell speck ASAP.
Dmitry Leskov @Home Send private email

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics