* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

What happened to CodeSpaces???

Anyone got any idea what happened to Floyd Price and his CodeSpaces site?

I noticed the PlanetMicroISV.com site he was running has gone as well.
IanH. Send private email
Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Working again!

When my check in failed I tried checking the site and got a 404. Looked up Whois and got a message saying the site was available - I wondered if it had disappeared - Obviously not given that it's here again, perhaps a server "hiccup"!
IanH. Send private email

Hey Ian, I believe a major power outage in the Seattle area caused our Primary DNS server to go "offline", which is now resolved.

You try so hard to remove these single points of failure by having multiple Data Centres and then the internet goes and lets you down ;-)

Not really sure what happens with planetmicroisv, it wasn't our domain and i can only assume the domain holder decided to pull the plug on it! Not at all sure, but i also miss it!

As for Code Spaces, (outages aside) it's here to stay I'm afraid!

Cheers,

Floyd
Floyd Price - www.componentworkshop.com Send private email

That's a good sign when people post to a forum immediately after your site goes down. People must be paying attention, Floyd.

(Oh, and I love the service and didn't notice that it went down.)
SimonH Send private email

Another happy codespaces customer here (who also didn't notice the outage). I renewed earlier in the year, which as you may know is the key metric for subscription-based products, so kudos Flyod and team.
Mark Dochstader Send private email

I'm pretty sure planetmicroisv.com did disappear for a while, but it seems to have returned having mysteriously grown a hyphen:
http://planet-microisv.com/
Paul Johnson Send private email
Thursday, September 10, 2009

When planetmicroisv.com expired, I contacted Baruch (the registrant), and he was willing to transfer it. I was going to carry it forward but then http://planet-microisv.com/ was launched and http://microisvcentral.com/ sprang back to life. I figured double coverage of mostly the same sites was enough.
Nicholas Hebb Send private email
Friday, September 11, 2009

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics