* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Questions for Guy Kawasaki?

I'm set to interview Guy Thursday [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Kawasaki ] (5/7) for The Web Startup Success Guide (http://apress.com/book/view/1430219858).

If you have a good question or two re Alltop, angel investing or startups in general, please let's here it!
Bob Walsh Send private email
Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Does he have an opinion on software companies trying to convert consulting ware software into an off-the-shelf product?

What does he think of micro-ISVs? Personally I believe your ability to succeed increases greatly if the company starts out with 2 founders. The product will be better because a good partner will create debate and help refine the product.
Hiding from my customers Send private email
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Q for mr Kawasaki:

I really enjoyed your book "The Art of The Start" and found it immensely useful to get my head into the entrepreneurial "headspace".

That book came out around 2004. It seems to me that in the years since then it has become much easier than before to start a successful one-man mISV without taking any external capital (as opposed to the more traditional investor funded startup scenario).

Do you agree with this assessment, and if so, what would you add to or change in "The Art of the Start" to reflect this?
Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson Send private email
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Thanks "Hiding" and Thomas!
Bob Walsh Send private email
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics