* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

How to fight procrastination

Hi, I'm a shareware developer, long-term reader of this group, and that is why i'm writing it here. The question was touched several times. I studied many scientific, philosophical books and blogs (including such shareware indie game developer as Steve Pavlina) during 3 years, and finally I found the correct solution.

The conclusion from my own experience/research. I want to underline that it is only my humble opinion. And I respect all your opinions.

One of the main problems of modern atheistic psychology is that it doesn't give precise explanation of human subconsciousness. Atheistic science hides the fact that human subconsciousness consists of separate, absolutely independent 'mind conductors' (something like meta-persons) which can move through the network of human minds. These meta-persons can cause different undesirable side-effects for the state of mind or for the state of body. Psychology hides this fact, proposing false theories.

How to fight procrastination and improve your life significantly (the real solution):

ATTRACT GOOD MIND CONDUCTORS

Step 1. Choose popular religion.
Step 2. Observe the proposed model of behaviour that is described in the religious book.
Step 3. Regularly (at least one time per week) have contacts with people of the same religion.

Yes, I know, we have a digital era, internet, cell phones, software and it is very hard to believe that the real solution is so simple.

I wish you good luck, success in business and in your family!
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thanks, but which religion is the popular one?
Bill
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Er...does that really help you fight procrastination, or does it refocus you so that you realize the thing you were procrastinating on doing isn't really that important to do in the first place?
Kyralessa Send private email
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Man, now you got me thinking about religion, soul searching and why I exist. That doesn't fight procrastination, it just prolongs it. Thanks a lot! :-)
Joel Marcey Send private email
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

***  Important Announcement ***

Last months meeting of the anti-procrastination society has today been cancelled, due to lack of interest.
Scott Kane Send private email
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

So religious people don't procrastinate, only atheists?

What a bunch of crap.
Craig Welch Send private email
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

IMHO, human body handles several additional independent meta-persons with different mind algorithms. I don't know the underlying technology. But they can be attracted using synchronous event triggers inside the group of people with the same concept. So, I would say it is not just refocusing, but something like rational reprogramming. Attracting rational, positive, good meta-persons, that will help in work and in family.
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

> Atheistic science hides the fact that human subconsciousness consists of separate, absolutely independent 'mind conductors'

No no no, they're called "body thetans"...

@_@
aph Send private email
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

>So religious people don't procrastinate, only atheists?

Well, actually this is not a panacea for everyone. I just share my own experience with you, and I respect your opinion.
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dear aph, this is only my own theory.

I just wanted to help.
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I keep planning to go to church but never get around to it, maybe next week

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

All Hail Apathy! Our lord and ma....

Oh, who cares....
Peter Send private email
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I have a suspicion that you don't know the meaning of the word "procrastination".
cynic
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"I have a suspicion that you don't know the meaning of the word "procrastination". "

Sure he does!  It send you blind, doesn't it?
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Or...

If we generalize from your 3-step approach by removing "religion", then the result is:

1) Pick the mental pattern you would like to follow
2) Do as the pattern says
3) Regularly meet with the people who follow the pattern of choice.

In that case, it does make sense. In short, you are trying to say "spend time with the people who you want to become like and act/think like them".

As long as you choose the right pattern to copy and the right people to follow, it should work. Deciding which is the right pattern and who are the right people to follow are not easy at all though.
cynic
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Procrastination is a type of behavior which is characterized by deferment of actions or tasks to a later time.

For an individual, procrastination may result in the loss of personal productivity. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an influence of irrational mind conductors.

The word itself comes from the Latin word procrastinatus: pro- (forward) and crastinus (of tomorrow). The term's first known appearance was in Edward Hall's Chronicle (The union of the two noble and illustre famelies of Lancestre and Yorke), first published sometime before 1548. The sermon reflected procrastination's connection at the time to task avoidance or delay, volition or will, and sin.
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

cynic

IMHO, religion is a key. It gives protection.
Shareware Developer
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Protection against what?
Reason?
ColinM Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

>irrational mind conductors

Met one of those once.  Kept waving his arms around pretending he could see a symphonic orchestra.  Poor, guy, everythng was fine until he head-butted that tram.
Thursday, May 08, 2008

All minds are connected into one network. For example, I saw how gypsies read human memory.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

>Protection against what?

Irrational meta-persons.

>Reason?

Safety.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I believe this is the weirdest thing I've read here in a long while...
Jason Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I personally advocate #12: Judaism. It advocates a good work/life balance, has a strong business networking community and is associated with the second highest number of startup companies in the world (US is #1, Israel is #2).
Gili Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Scott, God does really exist, and the system to achieve social balance is really very complex.

The right model of social behaviour is a key. That's why religion is so important.

If someone does not believe in God, or doesn't want to stick to the model of correct social behaviour, then another concept will be proposed to such a person, for example atheistic concept of eternal death and instincts, aliens and ufos, scientology, sectarian brain-washing, different trash through hollywood movies etc. Every individual has a free will to choose the rules of the game.

But popular religion can really help to improve life.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

The task I am trying to accomplish is choosing a religion.  But, the problem is, I keep procrastinating.

So, what you're saying is, If I could just choose a religion, I would stop procrastinating, and then I would finally get around to choosing a religion.

For me and mine, it's the proverbial Catch-22

Help me!?
Thinker Among Thinkers
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sorry, I can't help you, because your current religion is Catch-22.

But if we are talking seriously: the most popular religion today is Christianity. The next is Islam. IMHO, Christianity is more rational choice for Europeans, Americans and Russians.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

If we were that influenced by the popular choice, I'm not sure we'd be setting up MicroISVs...
MB Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I guess the OP is suffering an undesired side-effect from one of his meta-persons...
Rui Curado (Image.InfoCards) Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

"IMHO, Christianity is more rational choice for Europeans, Americans and Russians."

Why?
Craig Welch Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

"IMHO, Christianity is more rational choice for Europeans, Americans and Russians."

But not a good fit for Candadians, Mexicans, Australians, New Zealanders etc, eh?  Hmmm.  Fancy that.

Maybe the OP could develop a product aimed at determining what the best fit is in order to avoid "irrational semi conductors" and other incredibly weird things.

As somebody said - this is probably the weirdest topic posted here - though certainly more amusing than "alexander".
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> Islam: 1.5 billion

Hey, this religion spreading too fast. :-(

How come many people "migrate" to this religion?
Too fast, isn't it
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Shareware Developer,

Can you find yourself a more unique handle, because you're going to be legendary on this forum, and we want an easy way to refer to you.
Xian
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Does this religion thing come with a discount for ASP members?
Mark Roseman Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

There are so many things wrong with this thread that I dont know where to start.  It must be some sort of joke/wind up right ?

My biggest problem is the complete lack of explanation as to why if you 'choose a popular religion' (is this even possible?), a byproduct of that choice will be that you somehow magically manage to prevent procrastination.  Why is this so ?

Statements like,

Atheistic science hides the fact that human subconsciousness consists of separate, absolutely independent 'mind conductors' (something like meta-persons) which can move through the network of human minds.

is complete and utter nonsense. It is meaningless to a rational secular human being.

You can employ any number of well researched, well practised methods for ordering your time and mental processes to help you avoid procrastination. 

Put your faith in your ability to change yourself - not in religion.
Davethedave Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Just use a tinfoil hat and you won't procrastinate
Anon Anon Anon
Thursday, May 08, 2008

@Davethedave:

You're right. Let me elaborate on my thesis then...

The tin foil hat will prevent external meta-persons that emanate from websites like slashdot, jos and other time wasters to interfere with your inner self, thus resulting in 33.44% gain in productivity [RFD77]

The good news is that you can make your own tin foil hat! Check http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
Anon Anon Anon
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> How come many people "migrate" to this religion?

It's not so much the migration to, but the fact that you aren't allowed to migrate from without being the target of Jihad :)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I find the premise of this post a little odd.  Religion to prevent procrastination?  Maybe you are really just looking for a little meaning in your life, and you think religion is the only way to go?

Maybe you should try Humanism.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism_%28life_stance%29
You don't need an imaginary friend that will make you happy after you are worm food to need direction do you?

Personally, I think religion exists because people are afraid of the unknown.  They need to pretend that there is some magical invisible being that will take care of them.  It gives them comfort, because they believe the only other option is that the universe doesn't care about them, and things will happen to them randomly and out of their control.

Procrastination is a sign that you aren't sure of which way to proceed, or you need a positive direction to move forward.  Procrastination is a sign of indecision or fear.  While Religion may cure this.  I don't think religion is the only way to cure it.  You just need a little direction in your life.  Decide what you want out of life, and the procrastination goes away because you have a clear path of how to get there (hopefully)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

> Islam: 1.5 billion

Hey, this religion spreading too fast. :-(

How come many people "migrate" to this religion?

cf Eurabia
LazyEight
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Shareware Developer,

In my experience, answering questions without being asked first is the surest way to get yourself some serious negative attention.

I suggest you keep this stuff to yourself unless you are directly asked. Or if you can't keep it bottled up inside, then start a blog and let people who are seeking answers come to you. Evangelism isn't going to get you anywhere, but I am probably talking to deaf ears since you are not seeking advice either! Oh the irony... :P
cynic
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I find it so ironic how much procrastination this particular thread has caused :-)
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hmmmm... this thread is too long. I think I'll read it later.
yawn
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm very sorry. If you don't like what I've said then just forget it, I will stop and moderator can delete this topic.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I miss alexandar
Anon Anon Anon
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Is alexandar a meta-person, or a thetan?
Bill
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> a meta-person, or a thetan?

It is the same. They have a lot of names. But I strongly recommend to stay away from scientology. This sect is controlled by the group of irrational meta-persons. Meta-persons must be ignored. It is a big sin to contact them, ask them, pray to them etc.

Only God can help to fight procrastination and to improve life.

It is VERY important to observe the rules of popular religion.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

"Only God can help to fight procrastination and to improve life."

Which one?
Arethuza
Thursday, May 08, 2008

>Which one?

There's only one God.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> >Which one?

> There's only one God.

Alexandar!
Anon Anon
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ahah! I've just figured it out! By becoming religious, you will learn to avoid Reddit, which it is fiercely atheistic, and also happens to be an incredible waste of time.

This theory doesn't even require body thetans, meta-persons, or mind conductors!
Jivlain Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

Great, until now the only thing missing in this forum was a religious believer preaching.

Religious people are good to do routine work but they fail when it comes to complex programming tasks. It seems that the same mindset necessary to believe in some god blocks critical thinking so they write awful programs.

I had a couple of religious developers and they were pretty bad programmers. That is why in my company I will never hire a religious person again.

The problem was not that the code was messy and ugly. Many people write ugly code. The real problem was with the mindset of people writing the code. It was definitely the mindset of people not used to asking the question "And what if I am wrong?" Instead it was the mindset of someone used to saying "There's only one God."
Wariness saved the cat
Thursday, May 08, 2008

On a semi-serious note, I remember someone a few days ago posted a question about recommendations for an LCD monitor. Grumpy Dude said "Let's keep this forum on topic" or something like that. Li-fan Chen then proceeded to delete the topic.

Why this topic seems more on topic than what seemed to be a legitimate request for a monitor recommendation so business could be conducted better is beyond me.

Maybe it is just that this topic is more fun and controversial, so it stays.
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> Why this topic seems more on topic than what seemed to be
> a legitimate request for a monitor recommendation so
> business could be conducted better is beyond me.

There is only one explanation. Li-fan Chen is SharewareDeveloper!  :D
cynic
Thursday, May 08, 2008

>Wariness saved the cat

The irony is that I had exactly the same opinion about religious people when I was atheist. I thought that there's no good mathematicians, programmers, logical thinkers among them etc.

As a programmer I would say the following: We are pawns in a big reality-show 'chess game'. All atheistic scientists are also just pawns. They conduct their experiments, but the results of some of these experiments sometimes can be carefully forged by meta-persons. This is a very strange world from the point view of programmer.

You can try to combine different ancient teachings such as yoga-sutras or new testament, create deductive model, and you will find a lot of interesting things about the Big Game on the Earth and the Rules of social balance. Irrational meta-persons do everything in order to avoid deep analysis and discussion of such themes as subconsciousness. That's why many of the participants of this topic called the theory about them as a 'weirdest thing'. Exactly. Try to think logically: how can I prove you that meta-persons does exist under the pressure of their network? It is almost impossible.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> Alexandar!

New religion? :)
MonRu Send private email
Thursday, May 08, 2008

> New religion?

Why new? Sometimes old can be better than new.

Christianity is a very good religion.
Shareware Developer
Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm a christian fundamentalist by several definitions. So I like to answer few things in this discussion.
Religion is not solution to procrastination. Experience tells me this. I do procrastinate a lot. I know others who procrastinate and a bornagain christians too, and others who do not procrastinate and are bornagains. Its more kind of solution to other problems like... (non exhaustive list)
Feeling empty inside, being alcoholic, drug addictions, feeling not worthy of anything, suicidal depression, loneliness...
Its long list of things that christianity solves, but procrastination is something I haven't seen solved by religion. Christianity is a solution to these, and its safetynet against some of problems its a solution. However getting in partially is far less effective than just jumping in. It started my from just "giving God a chance to proof its worth it and deciding to go for it fully for a while."

Islam isn't growing because they convince others by talking, its growing mostly by  breeding fast, and "convert or else" actions where they are 60% or more. Going details here would definitely be off topic.
In europe its immigration, breeding, and lack of breeding by europeans that changes the democgraphics here.

What I found helping procrastination, is just a todo list, and avoidance of things that get me into procrastination.
Like removing *ALL* games from work computer, and keeping it off internet, [just keep local copy of required information]
Jouni Osmala Send private email
Friday, May 09, 2008

>Jouni Osmala

IMHO, procrastination may be considered as a type of addiction. From my experience, very often the source of many unexplained addictions are coming from demons (electro-magnetic/quantum creatures) or from more primitive entities.

However procrastination may be induced by human mind. That's why I've said that this method is not a panacea for everyone.

Religion helps to put life in balance and to protect soul and body.

Are you protestant ?
Shareware Developer
Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm a Christian, and I used to be a terrible procrastinator... sure I would say from the Bible I am / was challenged on not procrastinating - but the biggest difference was meeting / marrying my wife - who is highly organised, highly disciplined and _never_ procrastinates.

If you want to get over procrastination, you just need to spend time with people who aren't procrastinators. In work I think this works best if a colleague / boss lines you up tasks which need to be done by tomorrow so that you don't have the opportunity to slack of... keep doing that and you will get in a rhythm of work. Also just get some kind of to-do list (whether paper or electronic), the satisfaction of crossing something of a list is a fantastic feeling
Anon for this
Friday, May 09, 2008

Oh my! Jehovah Witnesses got their foot in our forum's door!
Sergi Papaseit Send private email
Friday, May 09, 2008

> It was definitely the mindset of people not used to asking the question "And what if I am wrong?"

There was a TV show probably back in the 80s, I don't think it lasted a whole season. It was about a Catholic church in a really bad neighborhood. The Church's accountant was an atheist. Someone asked the pastor why he hired an atheist. The answer was something like, "I don't want the guy responsible for paying our bills counting on God to provide."
Drew Kime Send private email
Friday, May 09, 2008

> It was definitely the mindset of people not used to asking the question "And what if I am wrong?"

Ok, but what if atheists are wrong?

Atheists don't ask questions. They believe to scientists, that are often fooled by meta-persons.

Atheists avoid discussion of centralized network of human subconsciousness. You can try to test them -- and you will see their weird reaction.

Atheistic psychology is the 'religion' of atheists.
Shareware Developer
Friday, May 09, 2008

Scientists can't learn the system that controls these scientists. Because the system is smarter. They even do not know that the system exists.
Shareware Developer
Friday, May 09, 2008

I know, Shareware Developer! I completely agree. I'm proud of you because you're standing up for what you believe in, in this hostile and cold environment.

It is only mind-conducting that can bring mankind together in peace and unity. I know I'm right because everybody who disagrees with me is close-minded and unwilling to consider it might be true. Close-minded people are definitely not part of our interconnected collective, and because of their unwillingness to take part in the unifying assimilation they can never achieve true productivity.

I have seen the light. I know it all to be true. I can *feel* it. Scientists plot against those who understand how mind-conducting works, because from a scientific point of view mind-conducting makes absolutely no sense. This, of course, means that science is wrong, because I can feel my connectedness when I pray with those dear to me.

Don't give up Shareware Developer. Don't ever questioning your beliefs, because if you do... you risk losing the unwavering zeal that lights your righteous path through life.
Zealot
Friday, May 09, 2008

Christianity is a very rational concept.
Shareware Developer
Friday, May 09, 2008

I visit the forum for the first time today, and, yep, this thread is still going. 65+ posts. That is nearing the upper echelon of # of posts in BoS history, I think -- like back in the early days.

Hell, I say let's go for 100 replies. This seems like a wonderfully on-topic thread! ;-)
Friday, May 09, 2008

Electro-magnetic and quantum creatures - oh my!

Primitive entities and meta-persons - oh my!

Aunty Em' - Aunty Em'!!

"Scientists can't learn the system that controls these scientists. Because the system is smarter. They even do not know that the system exists. "

Ah - that explains it then.  If it can't be *proven* to exist then it must exist, right?

You know, believing in imaginary friends (and enemies) in usually is defined by Piaget as a temporary phase of childhood and when it persists into adulthood is considered worthy of kindly treatment and a good dose of anti-psychotics. 

Perhaps Joel needs to create a new forum - the Business of Electro-magnetic and quantum creatures and primitive entities and meta-persons and the software they procrastinate in not makeing.  Or maybe just "Lunatics Sign up Here".
Saturday, May 10, 2008

Scott, you have a free will to choose what you want. I respect your opinion.

Anyone can choose the world without God, and their meta-persons will maximally adapt the atheistic environment for them inside the network.

It can't be *proven* that it exist in the environment of high mental pressure that we have today, but it also can't be *proven* that it doesn't exist. It is the greatest puzzle. However, it is obvious that parapsychology failed. Christianity explains atheistic parapsychology in a more rational way.

There's no enemies among people.
Shareware Developer
Saturday, May 10, 2008

> It is the greatest puzzle.

Not at all.  It's only a puzzle if there are physical pieces to fit together.  There are no pieces to fit together and so therefore no puzzle.

> There's no enemies among people.

Huh?  WW1, WWII, Korea, Cold War, Vietnam, that's leaving out minor regional conflicts, African genocides, atrocities by dictators and the history being written in the first decade of this century!
Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ok. It is the greatest mystery.

BIG QUESTION:

Is there a network of human subconsciousnesses OR not ?

>Huh?  WW1, WWII, Korea, Cold War, Vietnam...

All wars are prepared by groups of irrational meta-persons inside the network (I think you know their old-fashioned christian name, but today we think that this is just a fairy-tale (oh, 'thank' you, hollywood and sci-fi writers), and as a result have all this senseless wars and local social conflicts).
Shareware Developer
Saturday, May 10, 2008

>> Is there a network of human subconsciousnesses OR not ?

I think the greatest question is whether the Loch Ness monster exists. Also, if unicorns eat grass, or hay too. And really, I've always wondered, how does the Phoenix rise from its ashes?

Science can't answer these questions either.

> ... and as a result have all this senseless wars and local social conflicts

Senseless? Not at all. All animals fight continuously. It's our ability and willingness to fight that put us on the top of the food-chain in the first place. In fact, we *eat* everything we consider inferior to ourselves. How's that for brutality? Wars between humans are simple: people take what they want when they can get away with it. Infants hit their friends on the head just to get to play with their favorite toy car. Adults just fight the high-stakes games. It's just human nature. Not going to change anytime soon.
Sniffing glue
Saturday, May 10, 2008

>Sniffing glue

Your questions are crafty, and just smearing the essence. They are coming from this hollywood sci-fi nonsense, that was induced by meta-persons.

Let's repeat the question:

Is there a network of human subconsciousnesses?

This is very important question, because if the answer is 'yes', then we must learn the rules of correct social behaviour in the god's network system. We must learn how to distinguish influence of rational/irrational meta-persons. How to live in this strange world of total fake. We must follow the rules of religion.

Science will never ask this question publicly, because of high pressure of irrational meta-persons. Atheistic scientists are pawns, zombie in the hands of their irrational puppeteers.

As an experiment, you can ask them this question about the network of subconsciousnesses, and you will see their very strange behaviour/speech induced by irrational meta-persons.

War has no logical sense.

Real logical sense: intellectual solutions of problems.

>All animals fight continuously.

Exactly! And I (as a human) don't like it. Many irrational meta-creatures are often coming from the old evolutional sub-network of subconsciousnesses of animals. Something like animal sons of God. They are smart.

These irrational meta-persons and animal-like meta-creatures (irrational mind conductors) often like when people listen to their irrational fake thoughts, obey them, they like when people behave like animals or create scientific theories to behave like animals. In this way people avoid human network rules (religion). Actually, this allows them to do their irrational predatory stuff everywhere in the world.

They have ideal technologies: quantum copy/creation of any material objects.

I ask for only one thing: GO WITH CHRISTIANITY.
Shareware Developer
Saturday, May 10, 2008

>I ask for only one thing: GO WITH CHRISTIANITY

I only ask one thing - create a blog for yourself and knock yourself out waffling about "meta-persons" and other gibberish and leave these forums for what they are designed for - the busines of software, not the business of lame brained, half baked, psuedo religios banality.
Sunday, May 11, 2008

As you can see, atheists have NO logical arguments against "network of human subconsciousnesses", but only offensive strange speech. Meta-persons of atheists are irrational.
Shareware Developer
Sunday, May 11, 2008

@Shareware Developer

Everybody played your game, was relatively polite, despite the fact you are hijacking a private forum.  Then you assume folks who dispute your irrelvant, salivating gibberish are atheists.  GET A BLOG AND GO AWAY!
Sunday, May 11, 2008

Scott, ok. I just waiting for questions from another participants. You can leave this topic.
Shareware Developer
Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Scott, ok. I just waiting for questions from another participants. You can leave this topic. "

Gee - golly gosh!  Why, thank you.  But don't hold your breath waiting...
Sunday, May 11, 2008

Come on, we are almost there. Just 22 more posts and we will break the century mark on what has now become the most off-topic thread in the history of BoS.

I implore you not to stop now. If we work together we can procrastinate just long enough on real work to make it happen.

Go! Go! Go!
Sunday, May 11, 2008

"[T]heir meta-persons will maximally adapt the atheistic environment for them inside the network."

Wow, somebody must have uploaded a new phrase corpus to the postmodernism generator.

Okay, and I'll bite on the question: "Is there a network of human subconsciousnesses OR not ?"

No.

Oh, did you want proof? Sorry, the person proposing the thesis has to provide the proof. Unless along with throwing out the scientific method you're *also* planning on throwing out the rules of rational argument. But I know you can't be doing that, since you seem so concerned with "rational/irrational meta-persons."

So, your turn: Your proof for the existence of a network of human subconsciousnesses is ... ?

(Are we approaching 100 yet?)
Monday, May 12, 2008

What is the basis of any proof? We can use only pure logic for creating *abstract* models and for probability evaluation. Algorithms of probability evaluation are controlled by meta-persons. For example, if I would say that many people have evidences that spiritism / telekinesis / telepathy really works, and that there's something like electromagnetic bio-laser based on human body, then meta-persons of atheists will block critical thinking, and will suggest to believe to 'official' representatives of atheistic science that have 'ideal' basis for all proofs.

The model of rational/irrational meta-persons is very old, and it is based on New Testament from Bible (Christianity) in which concurrent participants of the system are controlled by different groups of virtual participants. The subconsciousness of human being can be controlled by more than 7-8 independent meta-creatures. It is impossible to prove it (in the conditions of total control of the network and limitations of individual subconsciousnesses), but it is also impossible to logically deny it.

Christian people know that if you follow the rules, then life is improving significantly. There's invisible hand of God, that controls all these groups of meta-creatures.
Shareware Developer
Monday, May 12, 2008

Also, unhappiness is caused by meta-persons of atheists. Because they demand evidence and logical coherency they make it impossible for anybody to believe and be happy. This is why I have come to you to preach about the true theory.

Stop thinking critically, I implore you!

Only with an open mind can you embrace all the evidence of laser spiritism and bio-degradable telekinesis. And you must always follow The Rules ( ISBN 978-0446602747 ), as I said before. This is the book you need to get rid of all the pesky those meta-persons.
Shareware Developer
Monday, May 12, 2008

When is this bullshit going to get deleted?

Are Bob and Eric asleep at the wheel?
Gerry Smith Send private email
Monday, May 12, 2008

FAKE POST.

You have NO logical arguments against the model described in Bible and interpreted by Shareware Developer (only by using modern words).
The End
Monday, May 12, 2008

From New Testament (Bible):

"...the unclean spirit, when he is gone out of the man, passeth through waterless places, seeking rest, and findeth it not. Then he saith, I will return into my house
whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man becometh worse than the first. Even so shall
it be also unto this evil generation."
The End
Monday, May 12, 2008

@Gerry,

PLEASE, PLEASE don't have them delete this post. We are oh so close to that very rare 100th post.

I agree it should have been deleted a long time ago, but now I think it will be just wrong to delete it now when we have come this far.

Come on folks, let's get to 100 so we can get this over with already.

:-)
Monday, May 12, 2008

Magically irritating words for atheists: "a network of human subconsciousnesses".
The End
Monday, May 12, 2008

There's no enemies among people.
The End
Monday, May 12, 2008

There's no enemies among people, because all people are connected using the network of human subconsciousnesses.
The End
Monday, May 12, 2008

Irrationality is coming from meta-creatures of animals (predators).
The End
Monday, May 12, 2008

Christianity is the path to rationality and truth.
The End
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

@The End,

You are going to single handedly get us over the century mark in posts. Good work! :-)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Show of hands: Who thinks "Shareware Developer" is a bot?

Seriously, I could imagine loading a bunch of phrases into PomoGen and getting something like these posts. But I don't think I could intentionally create something so utterly garbled while still having a sense of coherence.

Whoever is doing this is either a bot, a genius, or a lunatic.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Evil and good spirits are everywhere.

Atheistic psychology failed.
Igor
Thursday, May 15, 2008

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics