* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Manage your software business smartly

Shareware Customer & Order Management (SCOM) version 1 is released.

Shareware Customer & Order Management (SCOM) system is web based system to help shareware businesses to manage their customers and orders.

The system is able to integrate with the most popular registration service providers, including RegNow, RegSoft, Plimus, eMetrix, SWREG, Shareit! and etc, to catch order data in real-time and save to database. Meanwhile it generates license codes according to the order data, and provide the codes to customers through registration service providers. It makes the whole order process become automatic and real-time. You wont have to manually send license codes any longer, and your customers will not be kept waiting hours!

You can easily import your history order data to the system with the specified designed import engines. The unified customer & order database of SCOM could save you a lot time and money. If you have multiple registration service providers, you do not have to login to all of their web systems to look for an order or a customer. They are all here, right in your SCOM system.

The system comes with a powerful email campaign function which you are able to create customized emails and send them from the system. You can build the recipient lists from customer database with criteria to fit your email campaigns. This is a great feature to help you keep in touch with your existing customers and generate more sales.

Customers who lost their license codes can use retrieve license code function to get the codes back by themselves. This is all done automatically without your interfere. You will be surprised at how much time you will save from replying support emails after deploying the system.

The reports generated by the system will help you analysis your sales. The reports can show you sales growth rates, sales contribution of each product, sales from each country and sales from each registration service provider. They will give you some ideas about how to increase your sales in the future.

With SCOM system, you could increase your sales and save a lot of time and money from writing support emails and managing your shareware business.

For more details, please visit our website http://www.scomonline.com/
Globiz Solutions Pty Ltd Send private email
Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hi Globiz,

I would suggest to a least pretend that you are looking for a review. Cut-and-pasting the commercial proposition might a bit too "commercial" for BOS.

Joannès
Joannes Vermorel Send private email

I think they're looking for customers, not a review.
Mike

Why shouldn't they post here? They need all the help they can get. After all, they're selling for $249 something very very similar to what I get from ShareIt for free.
Dejan Grujic Send private email

Globiz, your online demo is worthless without data in the system.
a to-be competitor

Thank you for everyone posted in this topic. We have dump some orders into the demo system.

SCOM - what a terrible name. You need to get your pitch down to a few sentences, nobody reads all that waffle. As already said my provider does most all of this for free.
Neville Franks Send private email

There is nothing on your home page that tells me why I'd want to use your product let alone buy it.

There is no About Us or Contact Details. I'd never buy without knowing a phone number and physical address.

You need someone who can write correct English to go over the site. And you need someone that can write good marketing and sales content to redo the site.

There are no screen shots.

Navigation is confusing. The HOME page is the "Quick Tour" page? And why use WordPress for a product site!

And did I mention that SCOM is a terrible name. I automatically think of SCUM.
Neville Franks Send private email

Globiz,

Your English is very bad. Please work on perfecting it. I guess you are based in Australia, aren't you?

Also, like someone mentioned, the benefits of your service are not clear. For example, share-it already provides most of the functionality you implemented.
Anon

"Your English is very bad. Please work on perfecting it. I guess you are based in Australia, aren't you?"

Many people in Australia speak English. ;)
Gerry Smith Send private email

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I am a Chinese in Australia.

The product is designed for shareware vendors who use multiple registration services. For vendors stick with one registration service all the time, it is not a very useful product.

However, you may move from one registration service to another, or you need a backup registration service on your website. You will find it is important to have such a tool to manage your orders and customers.

I'd suggest you add extra functionality to it, such as a scratchpad for new features, bug report system etc.

I once came very close to spending $100 on "Shareware Administrator Kit", I think that's what it was called, but was put off by the fact the download had a message next to it saying it was no longer being worked on or supported.

Yep, here you go:

http://www.lobstersoft.com/sak/index.php

That's a desktop app that does what yours does online - and I personally would prefer to keep my data locally in this way. I once came within an inch of losing a domain name (by pure chance the lady incorrectly sent the transfer note wrote to me and said she didn't know what it was about?). Most small vendors use a shared hosting account so perhaps a client app on their desktop as WELL as the online thingy?

If the thing can send emails and it knows what version of what someone bought, then it can be a bug report system and an autoresponder too, no?

Does it handle affiliates?

Over-priced as it stands, doesn't offer much that Shareit etc don't already and frankly I prefer SAK, though not at that price without support available. I certainly wouldn't spend 2 1/2 times that for something supported in poor English, subject to my dodgy net connection and all my customer's data residing on a shared hosting account.

That sounds very harsh I know but I'm just being blunt. Don't be discouraged, it's a great product and we need more such back-end help, just maybe not quite in that format and not at that price.

The ability to provide license keys via a Shareit module WITHOUT requiring Shareit is interesting, if I'm reading it correctly, as a lot of 3rd party security and license options provide Shareit modules, but some people would prefer to use their own shopping cart and merchant account.

People using such modules but preferring not to use such payment processor companies must be more common than those using multiple payment processors?

Sell it to me on the basis I can find my own favorite payment processor but still use my Shareit module and I'm interested - don't ask me for $200+ for what Shareit already does.

I'd suggest you make it very easy to use the top 4 or 5 license generators, Armadillo, all that, without having to pay Shareit (etc) fees. Maybe not as a primary function but that would certainly be a selling point for some, especially those in places where they can't get a Shareit account or whatever - or just don't like Shareit.

I think you're on the right track, there's a need for such a thing, but think more about what problems you could solve or advantages you could offer.

w
wabbit
Friday, December 07, 2007

As a matter of fact, Australians speak 'proper' English.
Version 1.4 Beer

I meant being an Australian one can easily learn English.

(it is not my native language)
Anon

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics