* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

FYI: SoftwareCEO.com

Just as an FYI, another great "Business of Software" style resource I like to frequent every once in a while are the forums on SoftwareCEO.com (http://www.softwareceo.com/forums/).  Real people, with real experience, and fabulous feedback.  Even Joel goes there to ask questions.
sedwo Send private email
Monday, September 13, 2004

Sedwo, thanks for this kick ass resource. I kind of forgot about softwareCEO because most of their stuff is behind membership paying area but this forum is free. Cool.

Actually, registration is free and allows you access to about 95% of the forum.  What you don't get access to is the files resource and a couple "Members Only" forums.

The rest is all good and just as free as this forum.
sedwo Send private email

It's a dead old forum. Most of the threads are like several months old.
Pythonic
Tuesday, September 14, 2004

You get blizzards of email after you register, spamming some CD or other of some wally giving a seminar on something you wouldn't recognise if it was on the end of a sharp stick placed up the left nostril.
Simon Lucy Send private email
Wednesday, September 15, 2004

It's neither dead nor old.  There have been a number of posts this week.

Though it appears that, if you try to load the forum without being logged in, you see an old version of the forum.
Brent P. Newhall Send private email
Thursday, September 16, 2004

It's a good compliment to JoS.

* Email updates when someone posts on a topic you'r tracking (like one YOU posted)

* Very experienced professionals. (Found a great lawyer through them).

- Less good technical discussions than JoS.
Mr. Analogy {Shrinkwrap ISV owner} Send private email
Thursday, September 16, 2004

I use to visit SoftwareCeo every time I need a professional advice about software marketing. I was always very content with the answers received. So my advice is: go there if you have questions....
Cosmina Send private email
Thursday, September 23, 2004

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics