* The Business of Software

A former community discussing the business of software, from the smallest shareware operation to Microsoft. A part of Joel on Software.

We're closed, folks!

Links:

» Business of Software FAQ
» The Business of Software Conference (held every fall, usually in Boston)
» Forum guidelines (Please read before posting!)

Moderators:

Andy Brice
Successful Software

Doug Nebeker ("Doug")

Jonathan Matthews
Creator of DeepTrawl, CloudTrawl, and LeapDoc

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software

Bob Walsh
host, Startup Success Podcast author of The Web Startup Success Guide and Micro-ISV: From Vision To Reality

Patrick McKenzie
Bingo Card Creator

Winnable Solitaire Experiment Biased?

To be fair to your experiment, Mr Sink, you'd really have to market and sell your Winnable Solitaire under an alias and only report it to us, your avid readers, when it's complete.

Of course then we wouldn't have the fun of reading about it as you go along. Maybe you could spend another month of late-nights coming up with a secret product to run as a side-by-side trial, thus controlling your experiment for the effect of your own wide fame.

On a side note - no on second thoughts I'll start another topic.
AVCI
Wednesday, September 08, 2004

This was actually discussed on Eric's discussion board http://discuss.ericsink.com/viewforum.php?f=2 .  Eric admits that his experience isn't going to be exactly the same as some one that is truly starting from scratch but he hopes that there will be some interesting lessons learned and expriences to share.  He already has some of that with his AdWords trials...
Ray Send private email

Heh.  I get this feedback a lot, and I'll be addressing it next time I write an article on the Winnable Solitaire project.  For now, here's a preview:

You are WAY overestimating my fame and the leverage it gives me in a traditional consumer market.
Eric Sink Send private email

I doubt most people interested in playing Solitaire are also interested or knowledgeable about configuration toolsets.
Simon Lucy Send private email

Didn't you know that Eric is not a legend?
Kalani Send private email

IMHO solitaire is a dumb game...
Jax

He has gotten too famous yet, he still lives in Champaign! hehe former Decatur resident: I know his pain

Thursday, September 09, 2004

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics